I had a WONDERFUL idea for a couple of Christmas gifts this year...kitchen towels and flasks. Yes, I know it is a crazy combo, but I went with it anyway. The towels were a hit, and I had a great time making them with friends...I made about 25 for family and pals as stocking stuffers. Now onto the flasks - three of my girlfriends got me a fabulous blue paisley funky crazy flask for my 27th birthday. I love it (but have never used it oddly enough). We have a trip to Wisconsin planned in late Feb. for Marisa's bachelorette/family visit weekend, and I thought we all needed some souvenirs. I bought stainless steel flasks (wal-mart), green apple spray paint (lowe’s), and then purchased letters from Debbie (uppercase living – see Hazelwood Headlines to the right if interested) and topped it off with some bead dazzled work…running joke in our crew. J helped me prep the flasks before painting and all was well and good until I knocked them over after they dried…nice, but typical if you know me. It goes hand in hand with cooking fish too long, bad handwriting and singing, and wrapping gifts, and tripping – NOT GOOD! Anywho, J handed me some sandpaper and off I went “antiquing” the little boogers all over. He then added the letters, and I finished them with the gorgeous jewels. Now don’t drool on your computers gals, because your next birthday or celebration you just might get one of these! Ha/Ha – don’t be scared!
I know they didn’t turn out the way I wanted, but the gals still loved them and they will serve their purpose as we freeze our tushies off ice fishing, sledding, and dancing on bar tops…..Marisa, you did say we could dance anywhere! (Mom, don’t worry).
Texas Tech Tour
4 months ago

3 comments:
That's my flask and I love it. Wisconsin here we come.
umm.. where are the towels???
me likey the flask, my sister loves uppercase living, she has neat sayings on her walls from them. I have one that I need to put up just not sure where...
have a great new years!
I'm a dork and forgot to post the towels...guess I loved the flasks more... :) Happy new year to you...love your blog..you crack me up!
Post a Comment