CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Happy Running

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Round 1....

This busy weekend began with our school staff Christmas party on Friday night which led to dancing with a few friends afterwards. It was a blast and I enjoyed visiting with everyone! I then got up at 6:30AM to participate in the Toys for Tots 5k with my cousin, Spencer and my uncle. We had a good time, but it was extremely windy. You know you are in a 5k in West Plano when you see a woman with fur vest over her race shirt and diamond earrings…..

Christine (all the kids get us confused) Me, Mer & Ginny

us with Joan

Emily, my co teacher...we also confuse the students...and teachers for that matter

Choir teacher Chris and Meredith

Marisa came to dance - good times


We went to Rob and Kara’s Christmas party Saturday night. It was good hanging out with everyone, including my friend Kenny that we used to run around with during our first year of teaching. We ate some good food, had some “fun” drinks and danced to 80’s jams in the living room. I know I am getting old when my legs are sore from dancing….dancing twice in one weekend wore me out, but I figured I burned some calories.





Like many people, we celebrate Christmas many times throughout the month. We are very fortunate to have family near, and want to spend time with us (more importantly). Today I went to the Arrington Christmas at my Aunt’s house for some Mexican food and white elephant gift exchange. I got to hang out with my favorite (just saying b/c he might read this) cousin Adam, and play with Josh and Lisa’s boys. Of course, cutie Laura kept up with the boys and enjoyed the hot wheel track just as much as Caleb. We missed hubby J today – he had to work this weekend, but I was able to bring home some goodies for him to munch on later.



This truly was the longest week ever at school, and I am afraid of what next week will feel like. I know at 12:40 on Friday, I will do a dance of joy (that is if my legs feel normal) and breathe a huge sigh of relief. We are then headed to Austin for Christmas round #2 with the Thompsons and some fun time away from Murphy. I have most of my shopping finished, except for making a few gifts for friends. I always have these grand ideas, and then fall short of following through – I hope J can help me be successful. He’s the real talent! I hope everyone is having a wonderful December with lots of time with family and friends.


Merry Christmas,
K & J…and Jake too….wish I could post our Christmas card on here…so stinking funny!

2 comments:

The Hazelwood Family said...

We'll be in Austin this weekend too!

Janet said...

Hey girl! Can you email me your address? janetmp10@hotmail.com

love ya!