I decided to skip my target trip to buy some Christmas presents, b/c it is just too cold and rainy. I was eager to come home and put on my pj’s and slippers (yes it’s 5PM – no judging allowed) and wait for J to get home to catch up on our shows. Please don’t be jealous folks...we lead an exciting life! Ha/ha!
Speaking of exciting….we’re having a BOY!!! I knew it! I don’t know why I always had the feeling we were having a boy, but I was right! I am so EXCITED! Don’t get wrong, a little girl would have been perfect as well, but maybe I’ll get one of those later. We haven’t for sure landed on a name, but I’ll post it when we do. I’ll also post the pictures of our “reveal cake” with blue guts we had for our family on Thanksgiving once they are emailed to me. Yes, I am without a camera….sad news, but J dropped it a few weeks ago. I am going through withdrawals, but I am pretty sure he has another one ordered for me. Speaking of camera…does anyone have any feedback/advice on those new Flip video recorders? They look neat and small, so I think I would get more use out of it verses something larger. One more thing…anyone have advice as to how to plant a money tree in my backyard?! I want so much – I’m worse than a little kid!!!
We have started decorating for Christmas….lights up on the house and inside decorations are up. We are just waiting til Thursday to go pick up a tree…I can’t wait. It will smell wonderful!
I’ve slowed down on the running since the half marathon a couple of weeks ago. We ran that together and felt pretty good. I was so proud of J. He hardly had any training and kicked butt. Baby T. went on his first race and hopefully liked it. Since then, I have felt some ligament pains that they say is normal, so walking is all I’m doing lately plus light weights. I look forward to start running again in May, but not looking forward to feeling out of shape! Oh well, I know I’ll be BUSY with other important matters!
Here are some pics from Oct and Nov happenings….most of them have been posted on facebook, so sorry for any repeats.
We started Oct with celebrating Mer’s 31st. I just love this girl! She is an amazing friend to us….
We then spent Halloween at Beaver's Bend with our annual "camping crew". Last year we spent a freezing cold, but fun weekend in tents. This year, we opted for a nice cabin with a huge patio with fire pit and flat screen TV. 



We then headed to San Antonio for the Rock n Roll Marathon…we ran the half of course. We cheered on Kori and her crew plus Diane and Chris, who ran the marathon. I admire them so much! I’ll miss running and races, but I know it’ll be waiting for me just like a good ole’ friend. Yes, the dr. did say it was okay to run while pregnant, as long as I did it before. 


We threw Ginny and Traci a baby shower for their little precious bundle, Maren, who is due Dec. 29th. I can’t wait to meet her!!! My gift to Maren was a wall hanging and a Christmas stocking. Don’t look too close! 



I had to throw this in here….we celebrated J’s two A’s in his college classes and the fact that we are having a boy, at Fuddruckers! His choice, but YUMMY!!!
We ended Nov with the Dallas Turkey Trot. This was our 4th trot to participate in...it is so much fun going with our school group, and look who joined us...Kori! She, of course, did the 8 mile! She amazes me! 


I’ll post more baby T sono pics and hopefully the video that J made…the background music is Michael Jackson, since that is what I was listening to when I felt baby move for the first time….you can tell we have a lot of time on our hands…I know that will change.
I hope everyone has a blessed holiday season and have safe travels.
Hugs, K and J
Texas Tech Tour
4 months ago

3 comments:
YAY!!! So excited about baby boy :o)
Congratulations on your bebe BOY!! Everyone I know is having boys! I can't wait to see sonogram pics!!
Hey Kelly,
It's Lyndi. I just came across your blog. Here is mine: http://theboriebunch.blogspot.com/
I look forward to seeing how your pregnancy is going, and congrats on the boy!
Post a Comment