We are going to set up our registry this week. If you have any advice as to what I MUST have, must AVOID, or just any helpful info, I would appreciate it!!!
So far we've ordered the crib and changing table...found a deal online for $200! I've ordered my groovy guitar fabric for the bedding...my awesome Gammy is going to sew it for me! LOVE HER! Our lazy boy recliner rocker should be here next week...it has been my favorite purchase. It feels like a big cozy teddy bear, and it will look great in any room of our house...I have a feeling it will travel.
We spent some time in BabiesRUs playing around with baby gear...um, we felt a little goofy learning how the strollers work, but we had fun! I just want to check alot of things off my list this week, so when I return to work I can focus on my 9 week sub plans....EEK!
Due Date is still April 2nd
I am currently 26 weeks and 3 days
Growing by the day, and I love feeling him move all the time!
Trying to find something cute to wear on New Years....ugh!
**Any advice is welcome!
Hugs,
Kel
Texas Tech Tour
4 months ago

7 comments:
My one recommendation is the Boppy Pillow. :) It's made it through 2 babies and is still holding up well! Even Justin would use it when holding them.
One thing I learned is to not open everything. Cole was bigger than newborn clothes and diapers when he was born...so all those were wasted :(. Also...we got tons of socks...teeny tiny socks...like 20 pair or more. they outgrew those like crazy! I had already washed them all. Soo...maybe not wash EVERYTHING? (I say that...but I think I did it with Natalie too..just so darn exciting!) HAVE FUN!
My must have recommendation is an excersaucer. Reagan loved hers from 4 months until 11 months when we had to hide it while selling our house. Also, register for the highchair/booster seat instead of a separate highchair (mine is Fischer Price), a bouncy seat that is easy to move from room to room, and a cool toy to attach to the crib for entertainment. I have a list I can e-mail you that I combined from one of Debbie's friends, my sister, & magazine articles if you want. But basically register for anything you see that you may want & just open as you need it. You may also want to register for a variety of pacifiers, bottles, diapers, wipes, etc. We went though a few different bottles with Reagan before finding one she would take (actually I think it was the size of the nipple hole).
Make sure you have plenty of baby washcloths. Not only for bath time but for putting over his little private area while changing his diaper. This will keep you from getting sprayed. hee. I learned that from Janet when she had Cole. Have fun shopping around!!
Oh, and I love the Bumbo seat too.
Our first for sure is the Boppy. Reese, still sleeps in his - and refuses to use a regular pillow. Well worth the money. Also, the Bumbo was a must for us. There was a point in time when Reese was too little for a high chair but was not wanting to be in his carrier when we went out to eat. We would take our Bumbo along and set it on top of the table right there in the middle of us. He felt totally part of the "scene" and it made dinner time out much easier. (I know people say don't sit them on the table, but he was right there with us.....we didn't walk off and leave him :D).
I hated the diaper genie. I hated the big poopy diapers and how I had to force them down that little hole. I just knew poop was going to squash out and get all over me. I also did not use the "bottle dryer" like I thought I would. Waste of money for us.
Also, Reese was very, very colicy and we went through almost all bottles until we decided to break down and use the ones that have the "bags". They were more of a pain to make and have, but so much better on his tummy because there was NO AIR and therefore no gas for him. If we have another we will only use those - I think they are worth the hassle.
We also got the bouncy seat that turned into a rocking chair for when they are older. It was great. It set up higher off the ground and I think that is why he LOVED it. Also, we couldn't live without our swing. Reese was a snotty baby too and he slept many nights in his swing. Well worth the money.
And I know people have all different opinions, but Baby Einstein saved our life. At about 2 months, I could put Reese in his bouncy with a BE movie on and he was content for a good 45 minutes so I could clean, cook, whatever. They are very basic, very basic but the music and movement caught his attention. They are about $20 in the store so I checked ebay and got the 25 box set for $50. Well worth it and many many of our friends have borrowed ours and have said the same thing.
I could go on and on, but a lot will depend on you and your baby..... :D
Good luck!
One last thing :D SAY NO TO TARGET! They don't let you return anything unless you are willing to give your right arm and leg. Their policy has gotten downright ridiculous and even with receipt, you can't take anything back over $100. We had major trouble with them. I will never buy a baby gift or wedding gift from them again!
Um...I feel like I'm letting you down with baby advice. I can hardly remember when mine where babies!! Isn't that just awful?? :( I can tell you everything you need to know about a 3 and 6 year old! :)
Janet and Tiffany have offered excellent advice. I agree with them. :)
Also, you can read the books, follow all the schedules, and all that good stuff but NO baby is predictable. Things will change and you will try things that only work for you and others will think you are nuts. You just have to remember that you are the mommy and know what's best for your baby! :) And you are going to be an excellent mom!
That "where" should be "were"! Sheesh.
Post a Comment