CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Happy Running

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Back to TX weather...

Wisconsin was a blast! Thank you Hoffman family for a WONDERFUL, RELAXING, and DELICIOUS trip. I didn’t know what to do Monday morning when I woke up at 5 AM and there was no laughter or yummy food waiting for me…that is what happened each morning when I woke up in a cozy, warm cabin in White Lake, WI.
Marisa, you blessed us with a trip I’ll never forget! (Picture slide show to come- we had over 400 between the 4 of us) Here is a just sneak peek of some fun memories – the slippers were a gift from her mom…very cozy!






Back to work - but I'm thankful for my job! It has been a busy week so far with TAKS, NJHS and being evaluated. Even at year 6, it still makes me nervous. Now we look forward to going with some friends to a ranch in Athens for some outdoor fun and relaxation. Spring break is around the corner and I hope to work some on my Master's portfolio (yuck) and do some craft projects around the house including deciding on a paint color for our dresser. I've had it since I was 12, and am interested in painting it a dark, maybe espresso color. Any suggestions??? The task seems a little daunting, but I don't want or can spend the money on new furniture. I also want to work on adding some fun color and quotes to our bathroom. Right now it is blue and brown, but I want to dress it up some to make it fun and cheerful for those early mornings.

We now have one month till the Big D half marathon. Hmmm, not sure what to think about this…love it or dread it….but I’ve ordered some cute brag wear to strut at our race post party at my favorite pub. I’m all about celebrations! I’m going to attempt 9-10 miles on Sunday…we’ll see. Kori, we need to live closer to one another!

Just a shout out to my hubby J who caught over 50 fish in the past two days filling up our freezer with a great fish fry supply. I know it makes you happy, and it makes my belly happy!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Cheers, K

2 comments:

Nichole said...

50 fish!! That's bunch of fishies!Ok, the pictures look like you had a BLAST!! Are you guys standing on a bar in that last picture?? One of our Danish friends always tells us, its not a party until you dance on a table.. I think standing on a bar qualifies too. ;)

Unknown said...

You can do it!! We are waking up early Saturday to run our 9 miles but I will be thinking about you!! Your mind is in control!! :) Just keep running...then it will be over! Isn't that sooo profound?? Haha!

Kori