CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Happy Running

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Coldplay - Check!

One of our FAV things to do is go to concerts. We figure we should take advantage of living in an area with continuous shows of all kinds of music that we dig – why not?! I figure I’ll have some withdrawals from this when we have bebes, but that’s what grandparents are for, right?! I know mom is cringing.
Last night I got to check off my top ten list of MUST SEE BANDS – Coldplay! I must say that it is at the top of my list of all time favorite concerts ever!!! That’s pretty awesome considering we were in the nose bleed section…it still was an amazing experience. I know must of you will agree with me when I say that music can take you places – like to memories of a certain time or experience in your life. Taking a huge chance on sounding cheesy, but Coldplay reminds me of the time in my life when I was in limbo of what I wanted to do after college. Stay in LBK with the familiar or take a chance on a change. I know I only moved within my state and more than that, closer to family, but I had to leave a part of my life that was holding me back from new beginnings. I remember listening to Coldplay while driving on one of my many trips back and forth from LBK to Plano during my student teaching semester on good ole’ highway 114, and wondering/praying for what God had in store for me. I could have never imagined the happiness he had down the road for me…..Hubby J! I feel extremely blessed.




Top Ten List of Must See Bands:
Coldplay (with Hubby J)
Pearl Jam (2000 floor seats!)
Bruce Robison (2007 dinner and front row concert with him and family)
Red Hot Chili Peppers (2007 with Hubby J)
Janet Jackson (2008 with mi madre)
Dixie Chicks (2000 pre George bashing…still love them)

4 more to check off –
James Taylor
Prince
Black Crowes
Foo Fighters


My fav song was their encore - Yellow






my camera has a TMZ flash...hence the squinty eyes

Thank you J for taking me to a show I’ll never forget! You're my favorite groupie...ha/ha!
Rock on,
K & J

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't music one of God's greatest gifts? I love the places it can take you. Makes me want to crank up the tunes right now. seeing that it is nearly 1 am and B is sweetly sleeping across the room I'll refrain.

Congrats on your trot time!

James & Kelly said...

Music is an awesome gift we are blessed with....now if I can only get out of my head the horrible music from LNT around the holidays...I still hear it when I go into other stores.