CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Happy Running

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Turkey Trot ~ Year 3


We will begin training for the Dallas Turkey Trot next week. The past two years, we’ve both ran the 8 mile, and that’s our goal this year. I took a break from running after the Dallas half marathon last April, and just really haven’t felt motivated….but now with the semi fall weather approach, I’m getting the itch to start back. We will both run twice a week and three times if we can fit it in. I will probably cut back on my boot camp to only twice a week, but it is still a lot of fun! My neighbor teacher, Rosie, told me last year that she wanted to train to do the half with me this April, so this will be a great race to get started. I had hopes of one day doing a marathon, but I don’t think it is in me….or my knees. My dr. told me to get orthotics if I plan on running long distances in the future….I think that just sounds like expensive shoes. : ) I’ll rethink the orthotics once this running season is over. Here is the link to the trot for those interested…there is also a 5k. It is a lot of fun believe it or not, and we always have a fun group participate….plus, you don’t feel guilty stuffing your face on turkey day.
http://www.thetrot.com/

Trotters 06 - beware no makeup at 6AM


Trotters 2007


we love event running - Wendy, Mer, Me, James, & Kyle


Happy Running,
K & J

2 comments:

Nichole said...

have fun training and kick butt!!

Unknown said...

Ooh I love the idea of running in things, and have done very slight amounts of training, yet rarely follow through. I actually am doing a small run on Saturday for the kidney foundation. I have been debating whether or not to go run all day since it is pouring outside and I don't want to drive to the gym. Reading your blog has motivated me! Thanks!