CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Happy Running

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Cooper Reunion




We ventured to Lubbock for my 10 year reunion. I absolutely loved high school and where I grew up. I forget how great it was until I go back and visit. I was one of those goobers that was sad on graduation day, but you know that is a pretty awesome thing to love people you went to school with since you were in early elementary years! I just love bringing J to the hub city. He cracks up at the color of the dirt, cotton fields, dirt alleys, the cheap drinks, and the “strip”. For those of you who are not familiar, that’s the only area where you can purchase beer/wine in Lubbock.
We stayed with my dear friend Mandy and her husband Adam and their new little one Tatum Marie. She is an absolute doll and Mandy let me snuggle with her all weekend! It worked! I came back with a little bit of baby fever, but we’re still waiting one more year. (Sorry Mandy) We had a cookout at Diane’s house. It was the first time in awhile I got to see Braiden, her son. He is 5 and will be starting kindergarten at the new Cooper school this year. He is an athlete just like his mama. Diane is doing great, and her and Chris are so happy and have the best house! Kori and her boys Tate and Cash joined us also. I just love seeing Kori…we always have the best time, and her boys are so handsome! After our cookout we went home and got ready for the reunion at Cagels. The dinner was really good, but only about 15 (plus dates) from our class showed. You know maybe 10 years is not long enough for some, but we sure did miss seeing everyone! I know some couldn’t make the trip, but maybe they can next time…Krystal and I think we should have another in 5 years. We still had a blast and Stephanie and Krystal worked hard on everything….thank you girls. A group of us went out to the depot to Tom’s Daiquiri. This was one of my favorite places to go in college and when I visit. We had a great time reminiscing, and learning about what everyone is up to these days. Michael, Stefanie and Audra – We sure did miss ya’ll!!! It wasn’t the same without ya’ll. Above are some pics of the weekend. Adam was awesome and drove us around to see what all has built up across Tech and to see my old houses. I heart LBK!
Overall we have all changed since high school. but we also haven’t in ways. I think that’s a good thing! Everyone seems happy in life and that’s all that counts!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

So glad you had such a good time. Michael was thinking about ya'll and how much fun you must be having. If you do it again in 5, I know we will be there!

Loving Life in Trubyville said...

I am so glad you and James finally came to Lubbock! Thanks for letting me crash the '98 reunion!! It was great to see everyone. LOVE the slide show! I'll make Mandy take a road trip to Dallas soon!