CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Happy Running

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dear Jaybird...

Where has the time gone? I can’t believe you are 10 ½ months. I can’t take my eyes off of you and I take your photo constantly, but I’m gone for two days on a mini vacay with Daddy and it seems like you have grown so much! I finally know why Mimi always says to, “Enjoy the moment and never wish for the next stage.” Here is an update on you my little Thurber, Bubbas, and heart…



• You weigh around 22lbs and LOVE feeding yourself…fistful at a time…it scares mama sometimes. You make the cutest noises when you eat. You want everyone around to make sure they know what you’re eating is GOOOOD! You eat almost everything we eat.


• You are a fast little crawler and have been since 8 ½ months. You pull up on lots of things, but mostly my legs. You haven’t quite figured out how to sit after pulling up, but you will soon. I find you standing in your crib waiting patiently (screaming) for me in the mornings and after nap.


• You have the silliest smile for pictures! It is hysterical…you are quite the little ham. Hmm, wonder where you got that from? ; )

• You LOVE bath time now since you can sit up in your tub ring. You love to splash mama, and also like to have your teeth brushed. You also have my curly hair...I hope you don't hate this when you are older.


• You have 5 teeth and two coming in.
• You are sleeping (knock on wood) from about 8:00PM – 7 something AM most nights. We had some yucky weeks after the RSV incident, Mama’s somewhat sleeping training you again. Your naps are still unpredictable, but at home you usually take one good morning and one short afternoon nap. You usually only take one nap at baby school.
• You love baby school…especially the food! You have transitioned well into your new class and love all the toys. I found you twice last week playing with an orange ball. You would drop it on the floor and chase it. You also do this at home.
• You did great staying with your grandparents this past weekend so mommy and daddy could have some time together. We are thankful that you are so comfortable with others. We know how lucky we are in this department!


• You now say “dada dada” all the time now and chatter a lot. I know you’re next word will be a variation of “Jake” because you LOVE him.



I can’t believe I’ll be planning your first birthday soon. You have truly changed me as a person and I am so LUCKY to be your mama. I can cry just thinking about how much joy and love you fill our hearts with each day. Your daddy loves you so much and you two will share so many exciting fun times in the future. I can’t wait to see you two share the love of the outdoors.


I love you my sweet, silly, amazing baby boy.

Mama

2 comments:

The Stanford Family said...

So SWEET!!!!!

Janet said...

Cute!!! And I must say...at first i only saw you in his expressions...but I'm starting to see James in them now! Either way he is a handsome little guy!! Ya'll look so happy!!!