CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Happy Running

Monday, July 20, 2009

Too Hot to Handle 15k at White Rock

Kori flew in this weekend to run in the Too Hot to Handle 15k with me…or maybe she made me run. Whatever the case, it was a BLAST of a weekend and we did really well in our age group. Kori placed 45th and I placed 49th out of 155 (I think) in our age group. We were working on keeping our 10 minute mile pace for the upcoming San Antonio Rock n Roll Marathon in November. The thought of this race makes me want to pass out, but our training program looks reasonable and we are on week two now. We’ll see if I can do this, but I know Kori can! I am headed to the podiatrist today b/c I got a massive blood blister on my foot from our race. I know that is TMI, but I will probably get orthotics b/c my foot turns in a little when I run and puts strain on my feet and knees. I will save your tummies and not post a pic of my blister, but believe me…it looks painful!

Here are some pics of our race weekend which gave us the perfect excuse to eat, shop and celebrate!!

We had to carb load, so we went for some Italian food. J, Kyle and Eunice joined us. Eunice also ran in the race and her best time!

We woke up at 5 to head out to White Rock. We heard the parking was going to be difficult so we were there pretty early. Pre race pic!

Post race pic! The weather was pretty nice, thankfully, but we were ready to relax at the pool and eat some well deserved food!


After a nice day of relaxing we headed out to Addison for some drinks and dinner.


Thanks for coming Kori! I enjoyed every minute of it!

I know I still have not posted any vacay pics, but some are on my facebook if you want to take a peek. It was PERFECT, GORGEOUS, and RELAXING! I really couldn't have asked for anything better. I'll make a slideshow soon and post it.

Enjoy these last four weeks PISD teachers...what a yucky thought.

Happy Running,
K

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I had such a great time!! White Rock is my new favorite place to run!! You CAN do this marathon!! We will motivate each other...and think of all the fun we will all have in San Antonio!!

Kori