CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Happy Running

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Islands, Honky Tonks, and Running

Summer before last we found a vendor at Canton that makes kitchen islands and we loved them! We went back this summer and picked one out we really liked…we got to pick the style, stainless steel top, and I chose to have it painted the color optimistic yellow (love the name). After it was delivered, we toyed around with the idea of glazing it to give it a more antiqued look. I recruited my mom to help (paint Goddess), and she suggested we glaze something before hand to test it. I chose a candle holder (a 5yr old canton purchase) to paint yellow and glaze for our experiment. We felt good about it and went to work on the island. It changed it subtly, but now I LOVE it! It will be great for entertaining and dinners, and I am so happy to have it in time for the holidays. Thanks babe for my belated bday gift and mom for helping me!








Another great Canton find! A $20 quilt rack to display Grandma’s gorgeous work and Granddad’s hat. I miss them so much.


Last weekend we went with moms and pops to see Mama Sweet and Eleven Hundred Springs play at the Granada…one of our favorite venues here.






I then met the Prosper girls for Kim’s bachelorette party….it was fun and interesting night! ; ) I can’t wait to go to their wedding.



All this fun brings me to running…I have a love hate relationship with running….you see, we were hot and heavy last spring while turkey trotting and training for the half, but then we broke up over the summer. I was two timing it with boot camp…now, I’m trying to make room for both. With a nice break from grad school before my last class (a huge blog in itself) I have plenty of time to begin training. I have a few gal pals from school and KORI (a great reason for a visit) training for the Big D half Marathon in April. We are all supporting each other! I joined Plano Pacers with Marisa and Meredith, and last Tuesday was our first 5K. I ran a 28:40, and am excited to carry on my relationship with running. Our next event is the 25th where we will try our luck at the 10K, and then the 8mile turkey trot on Thanksgiving. Whew…again, a love hate relationship. Here is a pic from the half last year with my gals, Stacey and Maureen….also a pic of our cute running shirts that my friend Wendy spoiled us with as an early Christmas gift. If you are wondering, yes James will be recruited once his flag football season concludes.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I just have a hate relationship with running. There is no love. (Maybe that's my problem in getting back into my prepreggo clothes!)

But I do LOVE your new kitchen island!

Ashley Hlavaty said...

The running is going. It's definitely getting harder. Sunday morning I have a 14 mile run at 6:00 am. And next Saturday I have a 18 mile race. It's getting tough. The actually Honolulu Marathon race isn't until December 14th. So I've still got some time to get ready.