Jayton woke up Tuesday morning with hives ALL OVER! Poor babycakes, but I don't really think they are bothering him too much. James took him to the dr. and she said to take him off his amoxicillin, but he had been on it for 8 days so I thought any side effects would have already happened. I've been driving myself crazy as to what caused this and then it hit me as I sat down to nurse him after work today with my jug of water with two freshly squeezed LEMONS added to it! I've been adding 1-2 lemons to my water in an attempt to lose weight since Sunday. Can lemons cause hives??? I eat grapefruits almost daily (except for the past few days) and it has never phased him. I'm drinking water non stop tonight and giving him formula until it can run its course through my system. Any advice??
PS*** Not sure if the lemon water trick works...especially when someone makes you cake balls as a thank you gift. URGH! ; )
Happy Hump Day...hee hee
Texas Tech Tour
4 months ago

2 comments:
Kelly,
I doubt it is the lemons. It could be but is more likely the Amoxicillin. The hives from an Amoxicillin rash take 6-8 days to show up. Look at my blog from Presley when she had her reaction: http://theboriebunch.blogspot.com/2010/03/mangoes-or-penicillin.html
Hope he gets better soon!
Lyndi,
I actually thought of you and this post a few days ago, but didn't think to ask you. YEs, he is much better after we switched his meds from amoxacillian to cendifir (sp? the bottle is not in front of me). We took him in on thursday to discover he now has a double ear infection and he is not getting better...going again tomorrow b/c I'm pretty sure he has thrush now and is very fussy.
Post a Comment