Dear Jayton,
You are 7 weeks today! I can’t believe 7 weeks ago was our first day together. Here is an update of the past 7 weeks.
*My favorite memory at the hospital is when they would wheel you into our room in the middle of the night for your feedings. It was like Christmas when I would hear the door open and basinet cart wheeling over to my bed. I will never forget that!
*At week two you began holding your head off our shoulders. Now, you do it all the time and we have to watch b/c you have become quite the lunger.
*You are somewhat on a sleep schedule…night time from 10PM-4, then from 4:30-8 or 9. You usually take a nap sometime in the morning (while I sneak in a shower) and an afternoon on from 2-3:30. Sometimes you fall asleep when dad gives you a bottle in the evening, but are always alert and very playful from 7-10.
*You nurse 7 times a day and dad gives you a bottle in the evening so you can spend some boy time together and I can fix dinner or run.
*You seem to like riding in the car and fall asleep most times.
*You attended your first concert last week and slept through most of it. Hilarious!!
*You did AWESOME on your first roadtrip/outdoor adventure!! You slept well, ate on the same schedule (and was okay with mom pumping bottles instead of nursing) and hung out with us on the ranch house porch for hours. All of mommy and daddy’s friends were impressed.
* You seem to enjoy tummy time a couple of times a day…for about 15 minutes and then you begin to cry. You hold your head up well, and turn to look both directions. You really do well when mommy and daddy are on either sides talking to you. This is one of our favorite times with you.
*You began smiling, but you don’t give it away too easily. You have smiled at Mommy and Daddy, Gammy and Mimi. Your smile is the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen. It truly melts my heart!
*Your gas is loud and STINKY!
*So far, you don’t mind when we change your diaper or clothes…we’ll see how long that lasts.
*You began squealing with delight and making more sounds last week…especially in the morning. It is funny!
*Your eyes are still blue and your hair is still dark blonde and has begun to fall out in places. It looks like you are wearing a toupee.
*You are such a good baby. We wonder how we got so lucky, and everyone tells us how lucky we are.
You are my joy each day and I look forward to what is to come, but am saddened at the fact you have changed so much already. I am incredibly blessed to be your mommy and have 4 months at home with you before I have to go back to work (ugh). I know we will have SO much fun this summer!
Love you bug,
Mommy
**I’ll post more pics once James is finished with school work this week.
Hugs,
K
Texas Tech Tour
4 months ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment