CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Happy Running

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Kings of Leon, Half Marathon & Freaking Out....oh life!

We LOVED the Kings of Leon show last week! They put on a great show and played an equal amount of their new album along with their older stuff that I love. I cannot believe how packed the AAC was, but then again, they are pretty great! White Lies opened for them and you should check them out…pretty good stuff. We went to Chuy’s before the concert and had some (too much) wonderful Mexican food. I love that place…even if I can’t have a margarita ; ). I guess my bebe is worth it! Ha/ha! All in all, it was a great date night that we needed. We’ve been consumed with life, just like the rest of ya’ll. J is halfway finished with his 6 hours of school…have I mentioned how proud of him I am?




In a week and a month we head to San Antonio for the Rock n Roll marathon, however, the Thompsons will only be doing the half. I originally signed up for the full back in April, but since life has changed, the mileage has as well. That’s okay, b/c I get to see two of my best friends, Kori and Diane, accomplish an amazing goal! 26.2 miles! I wouldn’t miss it for the world girls! J and I are looking forward to the race. We haven’t trained like we wanted to, but this race has bands playing every mile, so we’ll have something to enjoy when we take our walking breaks. Pretty sure I won’t beat my 2:06 half marathon time, but hopefully bebe will enjoy his or hers first race. ; )

Before then we have sooo much going on. J’s dad comes next weekend to help us start a deck in our backyard, then I head to LBK for a visit, cabin trip with our crew in OK, garage sale and then Rock n Roll time….whew! Busy but fun! I have a punch list of things I want to do and accomplish before our little one arrives….did any of you moms experience this? Like you are on a deadline to make changes and have fun. I know that may sound bad, b/c a baby is a new type of fun and chapter in our lives, but I know it will change our carefree routine. I guess I am freaking out in a way…but I know once we have our new family member, all of that will leave my mind….right?! Please don’t worry, I’m good, just thinking out loud.

Hope everyone is doing fabulous,
K

3 comments:

Loving Life in Trubyville said...

Oh my sweet friend...I am conjuring up some words of wisdom for you..seeing as I am a mom and all...I know I should have some...so let me ponder and I'll get back to you!! I've only been doing this mommy thing for 6 years, you know!! :)

Kristi said...

Hey the blanket was super easy if you are serious about a tutorial, leave me your email and I send you something. It really is super easy and you could make your own baby bedding:)Kristi

James & Kelly said...

Yes please! I would love a tutorial! I can't wait to find out what we're having so I can start looking at ideas. Thanks so much....kelly.thompson@Pisd.edu

*** and just so everyone knows...I am super excited to be pregnant and feel blessed with this bebe growing inside of me. We all have our freak out moments right?