CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Happy Running

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Celebrating 3 years of love, laughter, and fun!

We are celebrating our wedding anniversary today! I can’t believe it is our third – I can’t wait to see what this year has in store!
Here are some shots from our dating days… We met during my first week of teaching and became dear friends fast and then fell in love. We went one full year without any type of disagreement…crazy, I know! Don’t worry, we’re normal. I instantly felt lucky when I met J. I felt like God opened the door to this wonderful, sensitive, handsome guy that would support and love me through anything.
Sorry for the all the mush and pictures…I’ve had 2 cups of coffee to help me stay awake during homework.



We got engaged at the Hill Country State Park on Dec. 3, 2006. J drug me on a hike where I complained about the mileage (funny now)and how heavy my backpack was...it had my ring and a picnic for us. After he popped the question, my mood immediately changed and I told everyone we passed on the way down that we just got engaged….you know he loved that!

We planned on getting married at my parents’ church, Rhea’s Mill, but it sadly burned down one month before our wedding (we didn't take it as sign). We were fortunate to find another church down the road that was not decorated in a circus theme for VBS (interesting church stories) and were able to take some photos in front of the gorgeous cross wall still standing at Rhea’s Mill.

The next few wedding pics are some of my favorite and also feature some the details I loved about our wedding. My Grandma Arrington made our ring pillow, and Gammy made our pew bows and basically helped my mom do all the reception and church decorating. I made the fishing bobbers as favors and we danced the night away! The funny surprise was that our limo was a hummer and our DJ was British and difficult to understand. My dad kept yelling, “I can’t understand him at all. When do I dance again?” It reminded me of Steel Magnolias when the father couldn’t hear from shooting the birds.








We love the fact that our wedding was a blast and our guests enjoyed themselves...and the La Hacienda food and beer.
All in all it went smoothly and I LOVE being a Thompson.

Vows for this year to my J:
I promise to always give you my receipts and not hide them in my wallet
I promise to make an effort to wash the coffee pot and make up the bed more
I promise to check the mail more often
I promise to pick my hair out your bathroom sink (sorry, that’s gross)
Most of all,
I promise to love you more than I have before and to support you through your goals and dreams.

This is my beloved,
this is my friend,
Song of Solomon 5:16

Love,
K

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your vows to him for the year...cute!