CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Happy Running

Monday, January 19, 2009

Relaxing is my January hobby…

Not much going on in this neck of the woods….and we’re ENJOYING it! Trying to avoid spending money after the holidays and saving up for a beach trip this summer, the Thompsons have been low key and using up our gift cards thanks to friends and family and no thanks to the crooks who hacked our bank account!!! I swear – who steals from teachers?! Don’t you know we’re poor?! Ahem, now I feel a little bit better.

James passed on his bad cold to me, so I’ve been vegging out the past few days. I cleaned the house when I was hyped up on my cold medicine, but that’s about it. We did go to the movies to see Gran Torino, and we highly recommend seeing it – good flick! I am getting things ready for a baby shower I am throwing my friend Jana. I became good friends with her and hubby Casey when we worked together in LBK at LNT…awww, the good days when we worked part time, lived 10 minutes from anything and margaritas were on special most nights of the week….now, we’re adults. Why is it that we can’t wait for the next stage of our lives to occur, but then want to go back and live the good times? Guess that just means that every stage of our lives are pretty grand.

I am hoping to feel better soon so I can head back to the gym…don’t let me give you the wrong idea, the thought of the gym doesn’t excite me but just eliminates the guilty feeling that builds up. I attended a turbo kick boxing class that ended up being my source of daily amusement. It was like kick boxing with hip hop dancing on speed – but I got a laugh out of it! Kori- I wish we could go to the gym together, because I know we would have fun with it! My week’s high was last Tuesday when I ran a 5k with our running club and ran my fastest time yet for a 5k – 27:18. This was partly because it was dark, and even though I know the trail, I was trying to keep up with this guy who had a light on his hat. I am eager to join back up with my running buddy Marisa this week. Shout out to Marisa for passing her difficult HR professional exam! We’re so proud of you and welcome back to your social life!!!

Feb will be here soon and that brings lots of things to look forward to – J’s bday (he’s lucky to have a hot younger bride) Valentine’s Day/ Gammy’s wedding, and the girls trip to Wisconsin for Marisa’s bachelorette party!

Hugs and Sniffles,
K & J

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Post lots of pics of Jana's shower... do they have name?

It is sort of sad to see the shell of what used to be lnt now.

James & Kelly said...

Thanks! I feel better already. They have picked Tyler Reed...so precious!

Nichole said...

Don't Jame's and Michael share a birthday? Or is it that Jame's is the day before Michaels? I can't remember, but I know they are close... Michaels is the 13th.
Hope your sniffles are gone...